Sunday, February 15, 2009

Not many people were informed, but I’m back home. Hardly 10 friends by count, I guess. The plan was made so suddenly and at such a short notice that I did not have enough time to even meet my pals properly before leaving, or better, dashing off for the station.
Actually I wasn’t keeping too well in the past week. Infact not even a mile close to good, nay, OK health. Temperature which refused to drop even by a nano degree, was enough to allow my room mates to cook sizzlers on my soaring hot head.. Sore throat that could mute a gibber of me and an irritating incessant cough which no amount of syrups, antibiotics, gargles, hot water, etc etc could heal. So bad that for a moment I nearly considered an option of slitting and scooping out my throat. As if it was not enough, I had minor exams in the last 3 days, 2 subjects a day. Screwed them all up, obviously. Have written junk in most of the sheets. The weakness and exhaustion had taken over so much that I fell unconscious right 30 minutes before the first exam on the last day.
This is something I haven’t shared with many people. Only my room mates and a couple of close friends are aware of it. Dint want to bother everyone unnecessarily during their exams, though I know I shocked and ofcourse angered them pretty much when I announced suddenly that I had decided to leave for home right after writing the last paper.
The thought of going home struck me suddenly during dinner a night before. Had full confidence that it was impossible to get a ticket at the last moment in the train I travel, but was lucky to find only last 2 available. Like my friend K.C. says, He held my hand and walked me through when the whole cosmos was conspiring in closing all doors for me...
So that was it, only one frantic, freaky, crazy, n ya..funny hour in hand after the last exam to do all the packing, collecting the medicines, calling the auto, waiting for what seemed like ages only to find theres not one coming, panicking to see only 35 minutes left and no means to make it to the station, K.C. rushing to the store to buy stuff to eat and then to the atm to withdraw money for me, finally getting a lift in a jeep along with a senior who was also traveling in the same train coincidently, reaching the station at the last minute with me sprinting ahead with my food bag searching for my compartment while the senior and my two friends, Salo and Maddy trotted along with luggage, shouting at me pleading not to pass out until I was inside the train. We finally managed to make it in only to wait for it to start 20 minutes past its departure time!!! duhhh..
26 hours later, I reach home. Still coughing, still soaring hot, still weak, still lamenting over the minors…. But still in one full piece and definitely out of the hell :)
Happy belated valentines people. Hope u had a great day. I had one of the greatest ones.
Good night ( and thus I enter the world of hypersomnia :D )

PS: I’m again too lazy to think of a title for this post. Can’t help it, I’m bad at thinking up of titles and captions impromptu. I remember I have to help a friend give a nice catchy name to a portal he is planning to come up with. For all I know, I’m very sleepy and excited to be home to be thinking of names at this time :P

PS2: thanks a tonne to u two, sal n maddy... its was a great adventure ;)


R.K. said...

Hello !

Quite exciting stuff.

Hey , Hope you would like this title :
Happy WellInTimes Day !!

I am aware that cough is the most unavoidable and irritating thing, as i m also not so immune to it and get it often.

Take Care !

G said...

lol.... thanks :)

vAnDaNa sLaThIa said...

cho sad!!
so u were nt well
hope nw u are well
i must say it was a pretty good post
all the funny stuff
though i guess it wasn't that funny fr u

well hw can be it funny fr the person who actually suffered
c i am quite healthy bt still i m screwing up my major examz

take care of ypur health :P