Monday, June 20, 2011

#68 Late Night Musings

On lazy hot summer like these, I often find myself lying about in my bed with a book or iPod with me but not realizing where the story is heading to or which song is playing because I'm too lost in flashbacks and future-planning. How it happened, where it started, what went right, where I went wrong, how things changed and then eventually got over. I find myself entangled in the could haves and should haves and also on how bad I want to make the would be's happen when I move into the new phase of life very soon..

As I wait for the call to join office, which i'm expecting to happen anytime within 15 days from now, I'm wondering at how life brings one back to the same spot in whichever manner to confront the same situations as one did before..
When school was getting over, there were hundreds of thoughts and questions running through my head. What will happen after this? Will I be able to perform well in entrances? Will I get into a good college? Will I make friends there? How will I be able to stay there for 4 years! How often will i be able to come home? Will the people be good to me? Will I survive in the world out there?
4 years hence, done and dusted with college, I find myself standing on the very same pedestal, asking the same questions..
What will happen after this?
Will I be able to perform well?
Will I make friends there?
How will I be able to stay there for I-don't-know-how-many years!
How often will I be able to visit home?
Will the people be good to me?
Will I survive in the world out there?

The worries and apprehensions are the same.The only difference being the college has now been replaced by the IT industry, and the world now no longer means just the college mates..


Did I tell you it's FREAKING THE HELL OUTTA ME !!!

3 comments:

shrinivassg said...

I'm here at another college. And I'm thinking the same too :)

Aditi said...

why do you have to think so much....you ll have 4-5 frnds out there so no worries :)

Jaunty anima said...

hey sweetie...u bak frm kashmir??? let's meet up some day!!!