Wednesday, February 3, 2010

#32 The roommate who never was..

It was a cold Saturday evening, and I was sitting in my room watching a draggy movie when the phone rang at 7pm . "Hello?" I said.
    A boy's voice came over the line. "Can I speak to Katie, please?"
    I share my room with Natasha, and my name definitely is not Katie. It was probably a wrong number and I was bored.. I replied, "I'm sorry, she's not in right now. Can I take a message?"
    "Do you know what time she'll be back?" he responded.
    "I think she said she'd be back at around 10pm"
    Silence on the other end... a confused silence. "Is this Rosa?"
    My name isn't Rosa, either. This was definitely a wrong number. So
I replied, "Yes, it is. Do you want to leave a message for Katie?"
    "Well... she said she would come to meet me in the evening and asked me to call her," he said in a slightly irritated voice.
“ahh…got a perfect entertainment for the night”, I sniggered to myself and so the devil took over..
    I replied, "Well, she went out with Ben about an hour ago, and said
that she would be back at 10pm."
    A shocked voice now: "Who's Ben?!"
    "The guy she went out with."
    "I know that! I mean... who is he?"
    "I don't know his last name. Look, do you want me to leave a message
for Katie?"
    "Yes... please do. Tell her to call me when she gets back."
    He was sounding pretty irate at this point, and I could hear his temper
flaring. "I sure will. Is this Jesse?"
    He exploded, "Who's Jesse?"
    Apparently he wasn't. "Well... she's going out with Jesse at 8pm. I
thought you were him. Sorry... it was an honest mistake."
    "Katie's the one who's made the mistake! Tell her that John called her and he's very upset and that I would like her to call me as soon as she gets back."
    I smiled and said, "Okay, I will... but Ben isn't going to like this..."
    *Click*    



based on the incident that took place a couple of years back when i was in high school. I was alone at home, TV and internet had failed to amuse me ,and i was obviously in no mood to sit down with aldehydes and ketones. Ghosh whatever in the world were we made to do then in the name of STUDIES ?? The naughty kid in me, which is almost always dormant, had stirred up a bit..errr..as u might have read, turned devil in this case....
Its funny how recollecting past memories still manage to bring back that smile on your face and that twinkle in your eyes. Well Mr. John, whoever you are, I feel sorry for you. But now to think of it, you probably deserved it. You couldn't trust your girl even a weenie bit to realise your calling mistake. And you really have to get so insecure if she went out with a guy ? I mean excuse me?? Just that one piece of incomplete insufficient inconclusive information and you have to get that paranoid !! Serves you right, your bad :D

5 comments:

Jaunty anima said...

Hahaha...lmao ppost!!
Back with a bang..I always felt you are so like me...n u really are...have my share of pranks(similar ones;)) to share too...will do it some day!!

Have fun gal!!
Muwahhh.....

SEPO said...

oooo that was so wicked of you girl.. but how witty of you... commendable job;)
btw its sneha here :)

vandy said...

finally u r back

i hv this friend of mine who always reply like this to wrong numbers :D

G said...

@ jaunty , obviously we are similar, tabhi itni jamti hai :P

@ sepo: i know its you honey! i'm dying to meet u guys !!

@ vandy: well, :P :P

MJ said...

Is that adapted ?
A good script anywy ..
Great work